Position Title : MODEL MAKER
Position Code : MMK 1007 PWMC
KEY ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
Accountable To : Workshop/Project Manager
- Basic function of Model Maker is to fabricate scaled models to the specified quality and standards. This includes the fabrication and installation of stands, covers and basic electrical wiring.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with diverse materials and understand their properties i.e. plexi glass, acrylic, styrene, PVC, ply, wood, card, high density foam, ABS, and vinyl’s.
- Fabricate and/or replicate scaled precision models accurately from sketches, renders and technical drawings provided.
- Knowledge on how to apply vinyl’s and cling films onto different substrates.
- Ability to construct block buildings and detailed buildings on their own.
- Have adequate skills and techniques in the assembly of cut parts for the above-mentioned materials.
- Ability to mask off and prepare assembled parts for painting.
- Ability to paint according to requirements.
- Knowledge on required paint finishes for models, stands and other related materials. This includes textures finishes, colour mixing and the application thereof.
- Installation of the basic 12V wiring systems into buildings and related products.
- Able to measure accurately (mm, cm, and meters) with a calliper and a measuring tape.
- Base construction (Ability to read detailed drawings- contours/ spot heights etc).
- Knowledge of landscape finishes – hardscape and vegetation.
- Knowledge of model scales and how to convert/ revert these.
- Knowledge on how to operate hand tools and power tools properly/ safely.
- Fabrication of stands and crates etc. This includes assembly, sanding, painting, and finishing of the products.
- Required to wrap and pack models, stands or other required items.
- Loading and offloading of materials, crates, and models etc from delivery vehicle.
- Assist with the safe lifting and moving of models within the factory under direction of Workshop Managers.
- Assist with preparation and installation of exhibitions and presentations on site as instructed by Workshop/Project Managers.
- Coordinate and monitor activities in accordance to project schedule.
- Ability to run small to medium size projects independently as instructed by Workshop/Project Managers.
- Take instructions and assist Workshop/Project Managers and Project Supervisors in all aspects of daily duties.
- Ensure thorough knowledge of and compliance with modelshop rules and procedures.
- To contribute, or otherwise assist, as required.
- Work the required hours when tight deadlines are to be met.
- Travel when required for the installation and/ or the dismantling of models.
- Other duties that may from time to time be required
Diploma in Architectural Model Making or any other equivalent course
03 to 05 years’ experience in the related field
- Knowledge in understanding colour application
- Knowledge in understanding scale